just search me

Custom Search

Sunday, August 05, 2007

So I went to the Joey and Louie show...

... Joey Albert and Louie Ocampo, that is. The musical tandem behind those 80's heartbreak love songs like "Tell Me" and "Ikaw Lang Ang Mamahalin." The reunion concert was a treat for me really, since it would be my first time to see them perform live together. I've always loved Joey's music, especially those songs composed by Louie, but I was too young to see them in concerts way back.

Joey and Louie didn't disappoint. They took us back in memory lane and serenaded us with hit after hit. The Sergio Mendes, Bacharach, and Mancini medleys were also good. Tried to record much of the songs in my cellphone, although I know it wouldn't sound as good. My favorite moment: when Louie joined Joey in singing her biggest hit "Tell Me." Ah, forever the hopeless romantic!

And to think that I almost didn't make it. It took quite a while to decide whether I should see this concert. Used to treat my BFF when Joey comes in Manila to perform but this time, I was kinda short of funds. So I went alone (haha)...

Anyway, seeing the SRO crowd, Joey and Louie still have fans. And I hope they gained a new following after the show. I wish I could tell more about the concert, but I was too starstruck just to see them together again. I have seen Joey and Louie perform separately live and on TV but nothing compared to this magical night.

Thank you Joey and Louie, for giving me a chance to hear and experience your music again. I'm a forever fan.

2 comments:

Joey Albert said...

hi rose, thank you for the wonderful write up. Believe me, the night was just as magical for me.
till the next...
joey albert

Rose said...

hi ms. joey. thanks for the shoutout... made my day... will definitely look forward to your next gig here in manila. :)