just search me

Custom Search

Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Reunion with Papa

So I saw my dad yesterday. After almost 20 years.

I may be a sentimental kind of person, but I tried my very best not to be too emotional. The result? A little bit of success. With my bro, the three of us dined... and talked... and talked a little bit more. A lot of catching up, really.

My dad's absence affected us deeply; I think my parents' separation hit me the most. But little by little, the family recovered. My mom was able to raise me and my bro on her own. We got our own place (we used to live in the family apartment, which I really, really DID NOT like, sorry Papa), my bro and I have our own degrees, and we're now financially stable. Well, not me... yet.

I don't know what to make up with all of this, but it couldn't come at a better time. Had this happened about 10 years ago, I would have been up on the roof.

More on this as soon as I sorted everything out.

No comments: