just search me

Custom Search

Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Still Enchanted

I just watched the movie Enchanted.

Disney's latest offering is a combination of its past films with a twist of the New York life. It had the signature singing, storytelling, and of course, the predictable fairy-tale ending. Only that it's not a typical fairy-tale ending.

I basically watched it for the laughs. I lost it when Giselle (played by Amy Adams) started to sing in a New York park and people simply followed her around. Amy Adams is the one to watch for.

And there's Patrick Dempsey. It's nice to see him not wearing scrubs this time. He's still a dreamboat, even if he plays a divorce/d lawyer.

James Marsden who play Giselle's Prince Edward is simply hilarious. And Susan Sarandon as the stepmother was a class act.

It was a treat to see Idina Menzel, who I expected to sing. She did not. (OT: I also love her "Wicked" partner, Kristin Chenoweth.) Another bonus is that my American Idol Carrie Underwood sang the movie's theme song, "Ever After".

The only thing I didn't like was the climax of the movie, which looked a little G-rated for me. That's when I realize that I'm still watching a kids movie despite all its innovations. Oh well. Happy, happy, joy, joy...

No comments: