just search me

Custom Search

Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Last Bum Week

So anyway, I'm reporting to work on the 15th.

Things to do 'till then:

1. Make an inventory on the wardrobe

Shoes - Recently bought a new gold pair on a steal. And there's the brown loafers I bought after the results were released. And there's the black boots that I have not even worn formally yet. So there are three. If I can't stand the heels, I'd have to buy a pair of casual ballet flats. The satin rose pair is too pretty and formal.

Slacks/Pants - Last time I checked, I had about five decent ones: brown, a couple of black ones, navy blue (which is hard to pair with), and cream (for informal days). Maybe I should buy another one in dark or further raid Mama's closet.

Blazers - Definitely a must-have for lawyers. I am retiring my old black one I wore as law student. So that leaves the new black blazer I bought in August when I got the job, the pink one I "arbored" from Mama, and the navy blue. I think I still have another one recently bought in the Rustan's sale. Looks like I need to further raid Mama's closet.

Skirts - I have a couple of good black and brown ones. I have no plans on wearing these to work soon.

Blouses - I think I'm going to retire the ones I often wore in my last employment. But I still have a few good ones, including the white blouse I wore when I was vacationing in Cebu.

Accessories - Sadly, I have to say goodbye to my beloved clay food accessories. I still don't know how to dispose some of them. But I have a new pendant made, which I could definitely wear to work. I need to stock up again with more grown-up jewelry since most of my wardrobe are just plain and yes, boring.

Overall, I think I'm still good in the wardrobe department. But I think I might buy a few stuff for safety. Probably a new blouse or ballet flats.

2. Clean Up

This I have yet to do. I will start by cleaning up my desk or even the other side of my bed.

3. Organize Mama's notarial book

This one I sort of promised but have not really gotten into doing it. And it's already October. Shucks.

4. Get out of the house

One last gimmick or getaway. Sadly, due to limited funds, I'd have to do this myself and not go out with my friends 'till... maybe December.

I think this may be my last week as a person on welfare (read: unemployed). From then on, I will be caught up with the life in law and maybe, have an actual life.

2 comments:

Hi! I'm Ruby said...

nice blog. congrats to your work. God bless :)

Rose said...

thanks :)