just search me

Custom Search

Thursday, June 12, 2008

More reminiscing

I know I should have done this earlier, but I finally came home to my former alma mater, Stella Maris.

Saw some of my former teachers. Among them are the current High School principal (who was then high school coordinator), former Filipino, Chemistry and Biology teachers, and my Grade 6 adviser, now the Grade School principal.

Who was I then? Mrs. Santos, my Grade 6 adviser told me that I stood up straight and was prim and proper. She indirectly referred me as the meek and silent one. I know that I was painfully shy then. Mrs. Ilagan, the current high school principal told me that I was a little slimmer back then. Ha! But they still remember my mom, who served as PTC/PTA president for so many years.

I wish I could tell them how I breezed through college, found my way to law school and struggled through the Bar Exams. But that involved a lot of drama. Plus, they were all very busy.

I love my alma mater. Problem is, I didn't have a lot of friends then. And the few friends I had in grade school "branched out". It was only in fourth year high school when I had a "barkada", and to them I am grateful, wherever they are. But I was always fond of my teachers, who are primarily the reason for my visit. Unfortunately, a lot of them have already retired. I will visit them again, maybe when I have work.

No comments: