just search me

Custom Search

Friday, December 01, 2006

It's that wonderful time of the year...

...where I'm supposed to make a list, check it twice, eat and be merry. Ah, the Christmas blues once again. Never seemed to find a cure for it. And instead of rejoicing this year, I find myself stuck in the same place where I was last year. Still lonely. Still uncertain of my future. Still hoping.

I've always been taught that Christmas is the celebration of the birth of Jesus Christ, as I was schooled in three Cahtolic schools. I've religiously completed the Simbang Gabi (dawn masses for 9 consecutive days before Christmas), and participated in other festivities leading to this special day for many years. Now while Santa remains my childhood fantasy, and I still believe in his spirit, I'm not going to make a list to him this time (besides, he's too busy), but to God (who might not be), through my prayers.

I really do hope things will be better next year for me, for my family's sake.

No comments: