just search me

Custom Search

Sunday, January 20, 2008

Lolo and other related blurbs

Sad day. I was informed by my mom that her dad, my lolo, died earlier. Actually, we were not really that close. But he is one of my "idols", the first of the aspired three generations of lawyers. Last September, he sent a letter addressed to Mama that he wishes for me to finally pass the bar. It was accompanied by a Novena of St. Jude (and another novena, I can't remember right now). I was touched, really.

I also remember of his visit years ago, when I was just starting out in law school. He advised me to always invoke the Holy Spirit. That kinda stuck. So in honor of my lolo, I will pray to the Holy Spirit as often as I could. Even though it is limited to Glory Be... and hopefully pray the Novena to the Holy Spirit when I get the hang of it.

I'm sad that he won't be able to witness my oath-taking, or even congratulate me by phone, if ever I pass this bar. But wherever he is, I hope he is finally happy and at peace.

A friend relayed this Bible verse to me. I just want to share...

Romans 8:36-39: As it is written: "For your sake we face death all day long; we are considered as sheep to be slaughtered." No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.


More reflections on this later...

No comments: