just search me

Custom Search

Friday, July 04, 2008

Job Hunting Update

I'm going the government route. After three brief stints in the private sector, I would like to try for a lawyer position in the government this time. Maybe, I'll have more success with the public sector. Who knows? I was hesitant at first but apparently a lot of agencies are in need of lawyers. So there.

I realized that my reasons for leaving the companies I've worked with before revolved around my decision to pursue the law career--the first job because I entered law school, the second because I was anticipating for the bar results, and the third one because I already passed the bar. While these were very legitimate reasons, I also felt that they were also my scapegoats as to the real reason why I really left--because I did not like the work, ultimately. Does this make me a bad employee? Does my not-so impressive work experience signal a red light to my future employer? I hope not.

I see this job hunting a fresh start from the storm. So I'm on a clean slate. Thank God.

No comments: